No matter how many pairs of shoes you own, the ones you end up wearing every couple of days is probably your favorite. The reason that it’s your favorite or ‘go-to’ could be that it is a versatile shoe that works for every occasion and with most outfits. One such versatile footwear to own is Chelsea boots. These ankle-length boots are the way to go, they’re stylish, easy to pair up with your everyday outfits, and a perfect transitional piece for day to night looks. Whether you want to look dapper at the office or simply want to define a personal style with your everyday looks, Chelsea boots are what you need. The boot style was popularised by the music band, Beatles and became a mainstay of the British mod movement in the 1960s. Since then, the appeal of Chelsea boots has broadened even further. Here, we throw light on 6 ways to style this shoe wardrobe staple, so it can bring you back and forth from a weekend getaway to the city night. But before that, let’s look at some basic styling tips to remember.
Basic tips to remember:
- Black is the most versatile choice, and this applies when it comes to Chelsea boots as well.
- Brown Chelsea boots work best with lighter and mid-wash denim, and especially in midnight blue color.
- Chelsea boot with pointed toes tends to look smarter when worn with a sharp tailored suit.
- Ensure that the leg of your formal trouser sits just over the top of your boots.
- Opt for suede styles for a casual look and leather boots for a smarter style.
- Coat your Chelsea boots with a shoe conditioner to keep them looking sharp during any weather.
Harry Styles wearing a pair of Black Leather Chelsea Boots
Everyday casual wear
Chelsea boots are easy slip-on options to pair with a relaxed casual outfit. Give your tee and jeans combo an upgrade in an instant by swapping trainers for these classic ankle boots. Coming to accessories, add a contrasting man scarf with your plain tee to transform the simple look.
Feeling brave? Go for ripped jeans and a pair of light-colored tan Chelsea boots.
When it comes to outerwear, Chelsea boots look best when worn with traditional peacoat for a smarter vibe and bomber jackets for an on-trend vibe.
- Match your Chelsea boots with the color of your sweatshirt or sunglasses. This trick works wonders when you’re not sure how to pair colors well and balance the warm tone of your Chelsea boots, especially when they’re shades of brown.
- Heading to a wedding or celebrating an office tournament win with your colleagues? Pick Chelsea boots to exude class and dress to impress. Go for black boots with a grey suit, otherwise, switch it up with a tan pair.
- For the ultimate gentleman's outfit, pair your Chelsea boots with a flattering tapered fit and sophisticated matching blazer and pants combo.
- Dare to be different and pair your boots within an on-trend turtleneck sweater in a block color such as grey, black or white.
- A sleek ribbed detailing sweater in solid bright colors like Red or Blue will also pair well with Chelsea boots.
Tone down the office dress codes with Chelsea boots. Chuck off the dress shoes and take the Chelseas out for a spin.
Prevent bunches at the hem of trousers when you're wearing a pair of Chelsea boots underneath.
Wear a fine gauge knit up top with a simple work shirt or a double-breasted blazer.
Up to the edge factor with check print trousers + Chelsea boots
Would you like to look like a rockstar but can't pick up a six-string to save your life? Put that guitar away and go to the menswear department hunting for the all-black section. The shade is synonymous with rockstar chic, as is the leather jacket. Tie them all together with a jazzy tucked-in shirt, some slim jeans, and those trusty Chelsea boots.
You may swap the often-priced leather jacket for a simple unstructured overcoat if you don't have the rockstar bank account but maintain that patterned shirt. To create your ' fit sparkle, you want that flamboyant pop.
Casual occasion wear
Chelsea boots can easily work for smart casual outfits, thanks to their sleek appearance. Whip out the Chelsea boots when you’re going to hit the pub with your pals. Forget suede and stick with a genuine leather version to avoid potential damage from spilled drinks. Classics like black jeans, a rollneck sweater, and a double-breasted jacket, when worn with Chelsea boots, will all appear seriously urbane. Don't overthink what to wear with the Chelseas and stick with an easy basic like straight jeans. They not only fit almost everybody, but they are also simple and effortless to pair with almost any top. Try out a white polo t-shirt for a luxurious feel. Tan and dark brown Chelsea boots look dapper with a white top. Finish off the outfit with a trendy bomber jacket and you’ll be good to go.