Here are a few tips to help care for your new purchase. Treat them right, and they will be your lifelong companion.
Break Them In
Real leather is stiff but gives with wear. After 2-3 wears, they will stretch and mold to your feet. Wear thick socks at first to add some support until they break in.
A natural leather dressing will keep your boots from cracking and will help to waterproof them.
Let Them Breathe
To keep your boots hydrated, keep them at room temperature. Avoid storing your boots in plastic bags.
Functional yet sophisticated, The LAKE is our fresh take on a classic. Made with top grain, calfskin leather that is finished with a hand brush buff, the LAKE will age handsomely with wear. Our signature red stitching and Vibram® half-sole and heel protector mean this boot can fit into any lifestyle.
Like all Urban Shepherd Boots, the LAKE is made with a genuine leather midsole and heel counter, hand-laid cork footbed, hand-shaped stacked leather heel and Genuine Goodyear Welt Construction, a durable welt process that allows our boots to be re-soled repeatedly.
- UPPER: Hand buffed top grain, Portuguese calfskin leather
- CONSTRUCTION: 360˚ Goodyear welt
- EYELETS: Anti-rust brass hardware
- LACES: 3 sets of waxed cotton laces in black, cream and red
- LINING: Fully lined with tan calfskin leather
- DETAIL: Signature red heavy-duty stitching
- FOOTBED: Anti-shock cork footbed that molds to your feet
- INSOLE: Tan genuine leather
- MIDSOLE: Genuine leather
- SOLE: Vibram® 5340 Explosion front and heel half sole
- HEEL: Genuine stacked leather with Vibram® heel protector
- LAST: 4251
- SHAFT: 5.5 inches
Urban Shepherd Boots are handcrafted at a small, family-owned workshop in Benedita, Portugal where boots have been made for five generations. Only the highest quality materials are used in making Urban Shepherd Boots. We use only natural leather and high-quality components. We never use engineered or reconstituted leather. All of our leather is sourced locally in nearby Alcanena, Portugal, where many of our tanneries have been producing leather using traditional methods for over 100 years.
UPDATE: our boots run true to size based on standard U.S. sizing. We suggest ordering your Brannock or dress shoe size. If you wear a half size, please size up.